Even though Google has already released the second version of the Nexus One this time cooperating with Samsung, HTC googlephone is not being overleft from the viewpoint of the company. This time Google pushes up a new update for the device. The firmware of the gadget can now be updated to Android 2.2.2. The update has an amount of only 550 KB and the build number is proceeding from FRG83D to FRG83G, which gives us a hint that the update is minor. The main target for the update is the SMS bug, which is one of the main issues of the recent smartphones.
The update comes up with an over-the-air version. But if you are too excited and cannot wait while it will hit your device, you can see get the update from Google and manually install it.
For the manual update you need to follow the steps described above:
- Download the update file
- Copy the update file to the root directory on microSD card and rename it as update.zip
- Turn off the smartphone
- Hold down the Volume Down button and turn on the smartphone
- Wait until the screen is being loaded, scroll down to recovery and press Power button
- When you see “/!\” sign you should press Power button and Volume Up at the same time. You will face a menu and must see “apply sdcard:updat.zip”
- Use the trackball to navigate to “apply sdcard:updat.zip”, then select it
- Wait until you get the “Install from scard complete” remark and select “reboot system now”.
The overall process of the manual update takes around 5 minutes.