The most expensive Android smartphone runs Froyo — that’s just an absurd. Of course, I’m talking about the HTC Thunderbolt launched in the U.S. via Verizon Wireless. Since then the device has got several software updates that fixed bugs consumers had suffered from. But all those updates weren’t enough. And Android enthusiasts developed a custom Gingerbread ROM for the Thunderbolt. Only after that, Verizon announced the Gingerbread will be pushed out in Q3.
A month ago we informed you the Thunderbolt is getting Android Gingerbread update OTA, but our readers said the information is fake, and there is no update available for download. At this moment everything seems more serious, as Verizon Wireless announced that customers using its 4G LTE powered HTC ThunderBolt Android smartphone can now update their devices to Android 2.3 Gingerbread by going to Settings> Software Update>Check New.
The Gingerbread update comes with many fixed bugs and improvements. The whole list is below:
Download Manager App:
New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, and other apps.
App and Power Management Details:
Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each. Power efficiency mode option has also been added under Settings>Power.
New Homescreen Experience:
New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
Full Dock Mode App:
This App includes three shortcuts at the bottom: Gallery, Music and Calendar. In addition, this mode showcases Friend Stream updates, upcoming meeting invites, notifications, weather, clock and has a slide show as background wallpaper. Within this App, a user can also enable the mobile hotspot in dock mode.
Additional Features, Improvements and Fixes:
- Alarm notifications will no longer appear while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved security features that reduce device vulnerability.
- Improved data connectivity.
- Improved audio quality while using Bluetooth®.
- Improved Bluetooth security.
- Decreased wait time when saving audio attachments.
- Resolved issue with basic voicemail notification.
- V CAST Tones now comes preloaded.
- New Google Books app.
- Enhanced UI for data roaming.
- Resolved issue with SMS messages being sent to incorrect recipient on rare occasions.
- Reduced Force Close errors while using TuneWiki.
- Reduced Force Close errors when using the front camera.
- Resolved issue with audio reroute to phone while on Bluetooth.