Many owners of the smartphone HTC Hero have faced many difficulties associated with connecting Hero to the PC, after the installation of Windows 7 on their PCs.
How can we avoid these problems?
Immediately after connecting the device to the PC, Windows 7 is trying to automatically install the drivers for the new device. However, as a rule, this process does not lead to positive results, so the driver must be installed manually.
Follow the instructions below for proper synchronization of Hero and Windows 7:
1. Download HTC Sync 2.04 utility (36,8 MB) and install it on your PC.
2. Download HTC Hero driver for Windows 7:
3. Unzip the driver in any folder.
4. In the search box of Windows type “Devices and Printers” and press Enter. In the resulting window you should see Android Phone which was not properly installed. Click on it with right-click and select Properties> Hardware.
5. Update the driver by selecting the previously unzipped files in a folder (Properties> Driver> Update).
6. (Optional) You can try to install the driver by running the INF-file (double click) and clicking Install.
7. Now your smartphone must appear in the list of devices, like My HTC, and the synchronization process will take place without problems.