The HTC Qilin, which will be produced under the brand name Dopod, will be released this year by China’s largest mobile operator — China Mobile. The device supports both GSM and TD-SCDMA networks, has GPRS and EDGE.
The Dopod T8388 looks like the HTC Whitestone (a monoblock without a physical QWERTY keyboard) a bit. It is equipped with a 3.6 inch WVGA (480 × 800) touchscreen and a 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus. The Dopod T8388 will also have a frontal VGA camera. It also has a TI OMAP 3430 600MHz processor with 512MB ROM and 256MB RAM memory (the same processor that is installed on the Palm Pre and the iPhone 3GS). The HTC Qilin will run the operating system Windows Mobile 6.5. The device is equipped with a variety of gravity and light sensors and mobile TV CMMB.
- Model: Dopod T8388 (HTC Qilin)
- Form Factor: candy bar
- Platform: Windows Mobile 6.5
- Processor: TI OMAP 3430 600MHz
- ROM: 512mb
- RAM: 256mb
- Display: 3.6-inch with a resolution of WVGA (480 x 800)
- Standards: GSM / GPRS / EDGE / TD-SCDMA
- Data Transfer: Wi-Fi 802.11g
- GPS: SiRF (GPS / AGPS)
- Camera: main (5-megapixel, auto focus) + camera for video (VGA)
- More: G-sensor (accelerometer), light sensor, proximity sensor, a mobile TV receiver