Microsoft is planning to release an update for two of its Windows Phone devices — the HTC HD7 and the LG Optimus Quantum. The update, which will take the build to version 7.10.8107.79, will be available in Canada. Bell expects to get the update for all its units of the device. When the update will be available for the unlocked version of the smartphones is yet not announced.
The OTA update will be launched in two stages. The first stage is marked on January 18. The second stage is expected a week later. The update has a large list of enhancements and fixes:
- On-screen keyboard — It allows to keep the keyboard on the display without the risk of losing it while typing a text.
- Emails — Updated Google syncing functionality.
- Location — Fix for the location access, which will finally give you a chance to decide whether you want to check in for the specific locations for your People Hub.
- Security — DigiCert Sdn Bhd digital certification availability to solve encryption issues.
- Email threads — While forwarding an email you will be able to keep the original text in it. The fix deals with the issue caused by Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
- Voicemail — Fixed notification service for the Voicemail in European and Asian countries.