HTC has announced its third Android smartphone — the HTC Hero. We heard many rumors about it before the release, however, it turned out the device has many features we knew nothing about. For example, the camera of the device is not 3MP, as we expected, but 5 MP.
The “zest” of the HTC Hero is the Sense corporate interface, developed by HTC and first tested on the Hero. The Sense allows you to create multiple profiles (for example, for work and entertainment) and easily switch between them. You can also place multiple widgets on the start screen.
The HTC Hero sales in Europe will begin in July. In Asia the smartphone will be available in late summer, and in the U.S. — only in the end of the year.
Here is the list of the specifications of the HTC Hero:
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM7200A, 528 MHz
- Operating System: Android
- Memory: ROM 512 MB, RAM 288 MB, microSD-slot
- Display: 3.2 inch, 320×480 pixels
- Network: GSM / GPRS / EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, WCDMA / HSPA 900/2100 MHz (up to 7.2 Mbit / s)
- Communications: Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (A2DP), Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g
- Connector HTC ExtUSB (miniUSB / audiorazem)
- 3.5-mm connector
- Camera: 5 MP, Autofocus
- Battery: 1350 mAh
- Talk time: up to 420 minutes (WCDMA), up to 470 minutes (GSM)
- Standby time: up to 750 hours (WCDMA), up to 440 hours (SM)
- Accelerometer, digital compass
- Dimensions: 112×56,2×14,35 mm
- Weight: 135 grams